Social change and innovation don’t happen overnight.
You also can’t do it alone. If you aren’t connected with like-minded change makers who aspire to create a new economic and social culture through business, then you need to find your tribe.
This article connects you to some of the resources that I recommend to my clients.
I’ve been a part of the Social Enterprise Alliance (SEA) for over ten years. Our mission is to empower social entrepreneurs to build sustainable and impactful enterprises. We are a member-led alliance with values of equity, inclusion and innovation. Some of the programs available to support members include:
- Connections to other members to share best practices and collaborate (e.g. Slack channels, and Affinity Groups who meet virtually on a regular basis to discuss a variety of topics. I’m part of a group called Recovery to Employment.
- Education and resources to help you grow your enterprise. I’ve been a contributor in various ways over the years: from workshops to free downloads. This year, I’m going to be a speaker at the annual virtual summit.
- Funding database through a partnership with GrantStation, which gives members access to research, grants, and other capital resources. I will be a guest blogger for GrantStation, and offer some new content through their platform.
As a speaker at the upcoming SEA Summit 2022 (November 9th- 11th), I have a few coupon codes I can provide to discount your attendance to the conference. Reply back and I will send you a coupon code.
If you are in the central Appalachian region of the United States, there are two other resources I want to introduce you to as well:
- Invest Appalachia is a regional blended capital platform designed to accelerate and expand community investment across Central Appalachia (KY, WV, OH, TN, NC). They co-fund in clean energy, community health, creative placemaking, food and agriculture sectors. I’m proud to be on the inaugural Investment Committee for this new fund.
- Appalachian Social Enterprise Summit is sponsored by Coalfield Development and supports emerging social entrepreneurship and investment partners in the region. I’m excited to announce that a few of my clients have applied to be in their pitch competition and I hope to see them on the winners podium.